Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring...and About the Link Party


While I was running some errands last weekend I saw a sign of spring... I just had to stop and take some pictures.

Growing up in Japan, I always looked forward to seeing the full blooming cherry blossoms in spring. People in Japan would take a Bento and drinks to the parks, mountains, where ever you can find cherry blossom trees and have a picnic there.

My sister bought a house a few years ago by a river. I have been to this location in spring; there are 1,000 cherry blossom trees along the river bank. Can you imagine how beautiful it is too see such scenery? It gave me really peaceful and happy feeling to just sit and be there.

I saw this in the news the other day that there are about 3000 cherry blossom trees in Washington DC, and they were actually a gift from Japan 100 years ago. I can't go to Washington to just see the cherry blossom, but it is nice to know that a part of Japanese culture is enjoyed by so many people in the United States too.
Perhaps, maybe there are more cherry blossom trees where I live and I just don't know it. I think I better have some snacks with me just in case I need to break out a picnic. :)

Ok...now let's talk about the link party. You guys might have been wondering "Is she ever going to have link party?" or knowing you kind hearted Tea Rose Home readers, you might have been really understanding and patiently waiting until my series of procedures are over. Well, I have been doing some thinking, and I have to make some changes.

Yeah, I took break from hosting link parties, because it got really difficult with so many procedures and long recovery, I simply couldn't keep the regular posting dates every week.

Now though... I am taking a break from the procedures, it's not because I am doing better, but because of MASSIVE medical bills. We received a couple bills, and the first one, we know our old insurance company is supposed to pay, but they are saying that they are not responsible. The second one is for the new insurance company, and we knew we had to pay some but not that much, and we are not sure what is going on and are trying to straighten things out. Until we know exactly what is going on, we decided to take a break... sigh...

There is always a silver lining on things right? Here comes the good news. Since I am taking a break I can host link parties now!!

But, this is the part I need to talk to you about. I have decided that instead of doing the link party every week, I am only going to hold the link party once a month. As much as I enjoy the link party, hosting a link party every week, going through the links, leaving comments and writing a post every week took lots of effort.

While I was recovering I had a lot of thinking to do, and one of them was what I wanted to do with link party. I thought about it long and hard and "Once a month" that's what I decided to do. I think I need to spend more time on designing and working on my projects right now, but I really really want to keep the link party too. I felt like that was part of what makes my humble blog unique and fun.

I will host the Tea Rose Home monthly link parties on the last Wednesday of every month and I will post the link love by the weekend. I thought you could show off what you made or accomplished that month.

So, what do you say friends? Are you in? This 28th happens to be the last Wednesday of the month, so gear up and link up I am so looking forward to seeing what you all have been up to! It has been quite a while, so I will appreciate it if you can spread the word out.

See you at the link party! :)

18 comments :

  1. I think I speak for many when I say that I really understand how difficult this period for you was and the people who appreciate/love/follow your blog will visit you regardless of whether there is a link party or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a Lovely idea. Once a week is quite a lot for those of us out there that arent churning out quite as much stuff.
    :D
    I'll be there with bells on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me! Although, I'm sorry you are having to take a break from your procedures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the idea of a monthly party! I love participating, but sometimes it's hard to get something done and posted every week! Oh I hope you get your medical bills figured out soon. We are having our first baby soon, and I have been going through everything figuring out what we'll have to pay and such, and sometimes it's just a big nightmare isn't it?! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merhaba,

    Ağaçlar çiçek açmış yaz geliyor.

    Sevgiler*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good plan for you! You still get to do the link party but hopefully it won't be too much!
    Good Luck with getting the medical bills figured out. That is stressful I know. I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear insurance situation. I wish the reason you are hosting the parties was because you are doing better. Once a month or once a year...whatever you feel comfortable is great!
    Thank you for the picture of cherry blossom! I love the flower but too bad I cannot see them where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was missing the link parties, but I totally understood why they were on hold...and once a month will be great!

    Hope things get straightened out soon with your insurances...not fun!

    Blessings,
    Malaika.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to live in the DC area, and my absolute favorite time of year was when the cherry trees bloomed. They have a big cherry blossom festival (whoever had the job of predicting when the blooms would appear was very important), and we would always take a picnic out to the kite festival part of it. So now kites and cherry blossoms are forever linked in my memory. I also loved when the petals would start to fall and it was like gorgeous pink snow. (Though actually there are plenty of cherry trees here in Washington state, so I still get to enjoy that.) Thanks for reminding me of such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the Cherry Blossom trees or Sakura. I was at at a Japanese Story telling festival this weekend and yes there was a lovely story about Sakura. The story teller painted a wonderful picture with words about how wonderful it is to see all these trees in bloom and the pink carpet the fallen petals leave behind. I was only in Japan once and was lucky that it was at this time of the year. It left a lasting impression!
    You were in my thought and I will keep you there seeing all this money come your way!

    LOL
    SG Toronto, ON

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely understand and agree. I love your blog and check in often. Once a month is great and you will be in my prayers concerning your health and medical bills. Thank for being so inspiring and giving me so many neat ideas to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about all of those medical bills. I hope you're able to get them taken care of and that you get better. Monthly parties sound cool or even seasonal (ie spring, summer, fall, winter).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry that you're having struggles with the insurance companies. That's really frustrating. I hope it all gets worked out.

    I just wanted to let you know that there is a beautiful cherry orchard just 15 minutes away in Payson. Not just a small one. It's huge! You can drive around for miles (at least a few miles if I remember right) in cherry trees. My sister worked there last summer and I was stunned when I drove through with her. I felt like I was totally somewhere else. It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That really stinks about the insurance and the medical bills. I hope they start paying up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monthly parites sound great! So sorry about the bills and stuff... :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you get everything sorted out with your insurance company! We've had to work with them before because of our son and sometimes it's not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually had a cherry tree blossom on my own garden of our new home. It was really pretty. I can just imagine how beautiful it must be in Japan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sachiko, I didn't know about your ill health! Sorry you had to deal with it plus those nasty bills. Please don't put extra pressure on yourself by worrying about your blog. We read it because we love it! Your style is...indescribable but somehow perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin