Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vintage Pillow Case Quilt Finished

Several posts ago, I shared my vintage pillow cases quilt project in process. I don't know about you, but it is such a big deal for me to decide what to do next each step whenever I create something. Especially in quilt making, a quilt top can look totally different than what I first intended depending on what kind of quilting I do on the quilt. It is not unusual for me to complete a quilt top and not be able to finish it for several months (sometimes years!) because I have a hard time deciding how I want to finish it.

I already shared the process of cutting and piecing...




Are you ready to see how I finished this one? Ta da!




I thought about applying my newly developing (I can't say "developed" yet, it is in progress though) machine quilting skills on this quilt, but I couldn't help going back to the idea of doing hand quilting with large stitches.

I actually made another quilt top using the same blocks that I used for this quilt with some other fabric, but those two quilts look different so far. I can't wait to share the finished quilt with you...well, someday. :)

27 comments :

  1. I like the quilting you did, it looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful!
    Where did you get all your vintage pillowcases??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I love the colors in this quilt. It's very feminine looking. I don't have the patience to hand quilt and I admire that. Maybe one day...
    How long does it take you to handquilt one quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! I love the quilting and pattern! Just gogeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this. The quilting totally brought a cool look to it! I love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love big hand quilted stitches. In fact, it's something I'd like to learn to do since I've only ever messed around with making very basic quilts with my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful. I have some of the same pattern sheets that were my grandmothers. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I have some of the same patterned sheets that were my grandmothers. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful! I love the quilting you did as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely!!!!! i can't believe you hand quilted that... i don't think i have the patience--but it turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! And what a great use for those old pillow cases!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! Can't wait to see your next project!! Love the quilting you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty! Your quilting really brought out the designs within the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt turned out so lovely. The hand stitching made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right, it totally changes the look! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO lovely...........such delightful colours too, soft and subtle

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the quilting...it really shows off your piecing. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This makes me and my heart smile.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this Sachiko! I think the hand-quilting is wonderful. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks so pretty! Lovely colours and your quilting is so neat :) Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE it. Beautiful. You inspire me to push myself when it comes to quilting- and with my 3 year old having just moved into a big boy bed, he's in need of a nice big quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin