Sunday, May 1, 2011

Link Love No.51!

Over the weekend, our family watched "The Karate Kid"; the one from 80s' and the one that was made a couple years ago. My boys watched the recent one first then, the old version. They LOVE the new version, but when they saw that old one, they were totally into it. Growing up I watched all four of them, and oh how I wished I could do karate and Kung Fu...

Well I guess apples don't fall far from the tree, after watching the old version, my kids were practicing the famous one legged kick, and also, trying to "heal" each other with special hand power used by Miyagi-san in the movie. They were rubbing their hands while walking around the house. Yep, that is one of the parts of my life, when I am not dealing with ruffly, girly stuff. I deal with karate kids and it is fun. :)

I had a hard time picking my favorite five this week! There were so many great links you guys!

Ok, the first one is shared by Two Shade of Pink. She created a very interesting Nest Centerpiece. I love this because of the uniqueness and it is so personal and beautiful.


This Foxy Pillow caught my eye...and I LOVE it! EmmylouBeeDoo created this stylish and fresh looking pillow. I would love to create many of those with different animals for my kids’ room. Wouldn't that be fun?


This is one of the great examples of what Mod Podge can do. The V Spot made over an old chair (her dog had been biting it too!) to a one of a kind beauty! Isn't it gorgeous?


Lemon Tree Creations shared this beauty at Kojo's knock off series, and I fell in love with it! Check out their blog for the great tutorial, and create your own. :)


Then... this one...I have to say, if she was my neighbor, I would be over all the time to just admire the chair. Janet over at The Empty Nest created this beautiful slip over for an old chair and made it in to a gem.


Thank you all for sharing your talents at my party. I hope you will all have a great week!

8 comments :

  1. Thanks Sachiko! You featured my chair and it made my night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sachiko!
    Love everyone of these treasures!!
    Such talent!

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment on my blog!! btw, I LOVE the original Karate Kid series, too! I had the book and Ralph Macchio was my first celebrity crush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sachiko, thank you so much! I love your idea to make a whole ZOO of these pillows! How fun!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sachiko,

    Thanks for featuring my slipcover...you are too sweet.

    Such talented ladies!

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sweet Sachiko for featuring my Family Nest! I had no idea and then popped on over here to catch up! You selected absolutely lovely creations to feature this week! You made my day today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun!! What a beautiful roundup, so thrilled to have my pillow featured here!! I'm a huge fan of yours as well, and also found you through Ko Jo's series! Happy to have guest posted alongside of you!!

    Have a great week and thanks again for the feature!

    Erin
    LTC

    ReplyDelete
  8. maginifico seu blog

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin