Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Link Party No. 68!/ Liberty of London Fabrics


I have been looking at the Liberty of London website lately. I have been in love with their fabric ever since I was in Jr. High (please don't guess how long ago that was...). If some of my dreams could come true, visiting the Liberty of London store is one of them.

I wanted to buy some newer fabrics from their website, but they are so expensive! Some of the fabrics were £21.00 to £34.95(that is roughly $34.00 to $56.00)for 150cm X 1 m. Oh, yea, and shipping. Isn't it funny $10 per yd. at quilt stores doesn't seem so bad compared to that.

Even though I want them soo much, I wasn't going to spend that kind money. Maybe for my birthday...

I went back to reorganize my sewing room, and guess what... I found my liberty fabrics I bought a LONG LONG time ago (it is vintage now right?). I had totally forgotten about them. Back in Jr. High and high school, I spent most of my allowance and money from a part time job on fabrics and sewing books. I bought Liberty of London fabrics too, and brought them with me when I move to the US. I used to pull them out and look at them and touch them. They were too precious to me; I could not put my scissors to them. I had to be sure of what I am going to make so I don't regret the use of the fabrics.

Well... I changed. They are still very valuable to me, but if I don't use them and just tuck them in a drawer that beauty is wasted.

I decided to make some fabric covered buttons for starters. I carefully selected the area of the design and cut out circles... and made some today. What fun! I just love how they turned out.


I have some other plans too, but I might have to wait for them, since I have so many other things I have to do first.

Do you have any projects you want to share? Is there any project that has made you happy?

Share them with us!

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




7 comments :

  1. I love your buttons!
    They're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gorgeous,

    How are you today? My children ave gone back to school after the summer break so it's all rather quiet my end!!

    Thank you for hosting!

    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sachiko,

    I am joining and sharing my $50.00 worth of FREE
    fabric that I am giving away this week on my blog. I won it, but I am 'paying it forward' to a lucky follower.

    Thanks for hosting again.

    Janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    PS...be sure to come enter...lot's of gorgeous fabric for little girl clothes ;->

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your buttons!! So pretty! Thank you so much for hosting!

    -Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such Sweet Buttons! Always enjoy your party!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. There buttons are gorgeous! I've been meaning to make some fabric covered snaps, but these buttons really show off more of the lovely print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sachiko, thanks for stopping by. Would be great if you can share your fruit crafts :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin