Sunday, October 14, 2012

Trip to Japan ~ Shopping Part 2

There are lots of little things I bought while I was there. I feel like I spent quite a bit of money on food though... Are you ready to look at them?

I am really excited about this book from Muji. There are 100 sophisticated shapes in this book. I can feel my brain turning and getting really curious with what I can do with this book!

Origami and cute stickers...

Craft Tapes!! There were SO many pretty ones at the stores that I visited. Seriously, I stood there for a long time trying to decide which ones to take home.

One of the things I wanted to buy was chopsticks for my kids with a carrying case for their bento. I found these perfect sets at 100 yen shop.

Also, I found chopstics for everyday use, aren't they adorable?

I also found this handkerchief to wrap the bento box at the 100 yen shop.

Really cute pics to make kids lunch cute and fun. I could skewer some cheese, fruit, or some meatballs, wouldn't it be so fun?

I always wanted to buy Cath Kidston's purses. I attempted to buy one online, but I never could justify the exchange rate and shipping charge and so I never have. I went to the mall with my friends one day and saw this bag at a shop, it literally took my breath away. It was so much cheaper to buy there, I think it's because there are many places that sell Cath's items in Japan.

I couldn't believe my good fortune, when my sister took me to a recycle shop that she likes (yes, I guess it's in our blood. We girls LOVE shops like that. How many times have I blogged about thrift shops and yard sales?). When I was going through the bag aisle, I found more Cath Kidston bags that I have been wanting for a super great deal! Can you imagine my excitement?

Phew... Ok, I better get to bed soon, but there is some more coming in a future post. Some of the things are for my friends or blogger friends who helped me out while I was away and did guest posts. It is so fun to even do window shopping, because I can find so many different things and different styles. Shopping with my sisters and my friends was so much fun too, it's been a long time. I didn't realize how much I missed these "girl's time" with those I love.

14 comments :

  1. Oh, I can imagine your excitement about the purses. All the little things you've bought are adorable. Yes, the joy of (window) shopping :) I'm looking forward to what creative use you'll invent for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of stuff you bought in Japan..I like all of it, especially the cute chopsticks, the handkerchief and the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and fun :) greets from Turkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful goodies! Love those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE everything you bought!!! And you bought so many beautiful things - I can;t just pick one :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about Cath Kidston--I adore all of her products, but have never been able to justify the price. I suppose I'll have to visit Japan just so I can satisfy my Cath Kidston longings, eh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even IMAGINE how excited I would be to find Cath's purses at a thrift store...wow! My husband was stationed in Korea and I was able to go visit twice while he was there. I hit those paper stores and went bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what wonderful stuff! I want to go to Japan and shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss the shopping in Japan!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoon!! I love Cath so much. Do tell how much you paid!! Are the bags used? And the Washi tape...darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather at Happy Chippy Junk--

    I found the first bag at the mall. Of course that was brand new.

    The next couple bags in the next picture was from the recycle shop and I bought them for about $14.00 each. Aren't they a super deal?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable bags! I looked up Cath Kidston and I like her style. Nice clean lines.

    We had a great time at the 100 Yen shops. I brought back a lot of kawaii items for my niece. She loved the tiny bento items especially the tiny squeeze sauce bottles.

    Thank you for writing your Japan posts. They bring up my good memories of Tokyo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much wonderful stuff! I really enjoyed meeting you on Friday at the GNO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your trip to Japan shopping trip 2 was my favorite! I love all the bento box supplies and the cute chopsticks! And I love the purses--I can totally see why you got all the little fun things!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin