Friday, October 26, 2012

Trip to Japan ~ Shopping Part 3

While I was there I bought some clothes (of course!). I bought a few items at the mall, but there were some great finds at the recycle shop. I was so surprised by their quality, and the range of selections. I will share the pictures of them in various posts.

I had so much fun window shopping at the mall. I still remember the time that the Japanese economy was strong (years ago), and people would spend lots of money on very expensive designer items. I guess for some people it is still that way, but most of the consumers are looking for more affordable yet high quality items.

When I went to the mall, I was pleasantly surprised to find many stores that carried budget friendly clothing. AND, they were so pretty! It was just so much fun to look at different things that I don't find in the U.S.

If you have been reading my blog for a while, it is no secret that I love clothing, but I am not big into following treads. I would add a hint of "in" items here and there to update my look, but I don't feel like I have to buy the hottest or greatest items.

Just like here in the United States, there were many different styles of clothing, but the particular style I kept being drawn to was clothing made out of linen, cotton, gauze and relaxed style. To some people such style may appear as shapeless, unsexy, untrendy, but I.LOVE.THEM.

I fell in love with this dress... it was love at first sight. The white skirt and the tank is something I had, it didn't come with the dress. It is made out of very light weight cotton.

I see you! I was messing with Mr.TRH while he was trying to take pictures.

Ivory white tunic: I found this at the recycle shop. I love the square neck with lace and it is made out of very soft gauze. I wore it with a skirt and ribbon that came with a different dress I had. I think it would be fun to wear it with skinny pants and flats too.

Blue robe: I honestly don't know what to call this. I guess it can be worn as a dress, but "robe" sounds like a better fit for it. When I found this at a shop in the mall, they had a soft black and Ivory as well. I loved them so much that I wanted them all, but I behaved and chose this one. It is very baggy, and I wish I had this while I was pregnant! :) It makes me so excited to think about the different ways to coordinate this unique piece.

As I mentioned, there are other ones, but I will share them as I have pictures to share. There are a few more posts to share from the "Trip to Japan" series, hang on tight; a giveaway post is coming up soon!

3 comments :

  1. Wonderful pieces! The Mori style would be the one for you Sachiko.
    Take a glimpse at my board here to see for yourself: http://pinterest.com/littletreasures/mori-style/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All pieces are awesome, I love how you have layered the dress! And the white blouse with the big bow, so pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, I was looking forward to the clothing post and I wasn't disappointed :) Shopping is positive and relaxing and it looks like you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin