Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blog Swap/ Some What Simple

A few month ago, I was contacted by Tara from Dating Divas (their blog is full of ideas of how to strengthen marriages in many different ways. Also, they love to incorporate some crafty ideas to bring romance into marriages, how fun is that!).

She wanted to host a blog swap among some bloggers from now through December. I was paired up with Stephanie from Some What Simplethis month. Her blog is filled with fun and fresh ideas, if you haven't visited her blog in the past; please do so. She is here today to share One of her fun ideas!


Hi everyone! I’m Stephanie from Somewhat Simple and I am excited to be here today to share with you a fun date idea as part of the huge blog swap organized by The Dating Divas.


 


In 2008 my husband and I were HORRIBLE at making time to spend together just the 2 of us, so I came up with the idea to pre-plan a date night for every month in 2009. I chose dates we probably would not have chosen to do had we decided on the fly to go out, which is usually what we did. Things like going to a comedy club or miniature golfing- all fun activities, but not something we ever made plans to do.


 


I wrote a cute little poem for each date idea and assigned each idea to one month out of the year. Then I made this gift into a book, 1 page for each month, and I gave it to my husband for Christmas.


 


Feel free to copy any or all of these and give them to your special someone this year for Christmas. Maybe it will spark your creativity enough for you to come up with some of your own as well!


 


Enjoy!












Thank you Stephanie for visiting us, it was so nice to have you!

3 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely idea.
    Me & my boyfriend of almost 5 years struggle to find time to spend together & when we do it's normally infront of the TV or going food shopping!
    I think I'm going to suggest we have a date night once a month :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what a sweet idea. Most of the time when my husband and I decided to go out impromptu, without the kids, we find that we don't know what to do and where to go! It's so boring to go to the regular place and talk about kids! it's a good idea and I'll definitely try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin