Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Link Party No.66 / Mini Doily Bracelet Tutorial

I did a guest post at Sew Dang Cute a few weeks ago, and came up with this tutorial. I am posting this today, just in case you missed it.

One of the things I enjoy doing is making jewelries for myself to wear or as gifts. If you are someone like me, you might have an assortment of leftover ribbons and lace; I was thinking of ways to use them and came up with this bracelet.

Are you ready to make this summery- easy peasy bracelet?


{You will need}

1 -- 1 1/2" X 5 1/2" lace
2 -- 1 5/8" X 5" lace
Matching thread
Chain (I used 5", but you might need less or more depends on your wrist size)
2 Jump rings
1 Headpin
1 Pearl
1 Clasps (I used magnetic kind, but you can use whatever you prefer)
Jewelry making tools

{How to}

1. Cut the laces according to the measurements listed above. Then, fray check both ends to prevent fraying.



2. Hand stitch one side of the lace and pull the thread to gather it up. Sew the ends together to make a circle.


3. With 1 1/2" wide lace you can make a 2"diameter circle, with 1 5/8" wide lace you can make 1 1/4" circle. Now you have your mini doilies. :)



4. Connect the mini doilies. 2" circle in the middle, 1 1/4" circle on both sides connect them with slip stitches.



5. Measure your wrist. Mine is 5 3/8", the doilies are 4 ½”, I cut my chains to 1” long. This will give some wiggle room so that the bracelet is not so tight. You will need 4 chains.

Sew chains on the side of the small circles using a slip stitch.



6. Connect the jewelry making parts.
First, open a jump ring using your round and chain nose pliers.


Second, slide one side of the clasp, as well as the end of the two chains onto the open jump ring. Close it.


7. Repeat the same process for the other side of the bracelet, except, I added an extra chain with a little a pearl, to make it more appealing.


8. To make the headpin with the pearl, I found a really good tutorial for you here. This is probably the technique that is used the most in basic jewelry making. She explains this better than I can...

After you are done making the headpin with the pearl, add that to the extra chain on the bracelet.


It is wearable now...





I was pretty psyched about how it turned out. What I like about this bracelet is it is feminine, but there is a casual element to it.

Ok, it is your turn to link up and show us what you got! Thank you for stopping by! :)

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




14 comments :

  1. So beautiful! I'd love to try your tutorial one day. It is delicate and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sachiko,

    So happy to be joining in this week. I love your bracelet tutorial, you make it look so easy!

    Enjoy your week

    Janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bracelet, thanks for such a great tutorial! Thanks for the party also! t. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that bracelet is so beautiful... thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your doily bracelet.. so cute and feminine.. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Your bracelet is AMAZING!! Thanks so much for sharing (and hosting, too!)

    Anna
    yardsandyards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting! I added your button to my linky party page. I'd love to have you link up with my linky party Creative Me Monday at The Southern Institute!

    http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/08/creative-me-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bracelet turned out so pretty!!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! The doilies are so delicate, but so interesting and beautiful! Just gorgeous!

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I love your bracelet it so feminine and pretty! Thank you so much for hosting, I'm a new follower to your lovely blog. You are always welcomed at my Wed blog hop! ~Athena :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bracelet turned out gorgeous!! I love the lace and the way the chain looks on the side. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty bracelet!

    Thank you so much for hosting!

    -Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I'm new to the world of blogging and more so Link Parties. What a delicate and pretty bracelet you've shared. I'm following your blog now.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin