Sunday, August 7, 2011

Link Love No.64!

I went to a wedding reception tonight (actually, it was Mr. TRH's cousin's). It was an outside reception, and I think all the decorations and such were done by the bride’s mom, and sisters, and they were done so beautifully. After the sky grew darker, many white Christmas lights came on. With the night breeze, candle lights, and people’s laughter, it all made the atmosphere so pleasant… it was such a magical place to be.

I do a link party every week, and seeing all your entries made me realize that lots of times we create things for our loved ones. Using our creativity to make someone happy or to bring people together is the greatest part of being creative, don’t you think?

I thought that a lot at tonight’s reception... great job girls!

Ok, here are the link loves for this week...

Do you have a long hair (I do!) you don't know how to style sometimes? Raisisng 4 Princesses invited her sister to share a great tutorial for a braided up do style. I love how this looks so feminine and romantic. Don't you think it is perfect for summer? I might need some practice; I want to give it a try!


I just finished school supply shopping last week, but I might have to buy a few more things. Then, I thought about going back to the routine of making school lunches... mmm don't they get boring sometimes? My kids ask me to buy lunchables all the time (or bring kids meal from fast food places) NO WAY! Well, Mommy Minded shared some lunch ideas with us. Homemade lunchables? How fun!


Another great idea for back to school is the Apple Oreo Pops by Parders. She shows a step by step on her blog, and it is a very fun process. The results? They look so sweet that I’m salivating!


It is in the air... sometimes I can feel it. Fall is getting closer, it is just around the corner. I don't like seeing Halloween and Christmas stuff at the stores now, but I just fell in LOVE with this owl hat! Paper Dandelionshares a pattern on her blog, you can start making some now! So cute!


At Second Street created this maxi dress (she drafted a pattern too!). Because of the simplicity, it is versatile; you can coordinate with many things. Go check out her great tutorial to see how she did it. I am already thinking about maxi dresses for fall!!


Thank you all for making this link party possible! Happy creating ;)

5 comments :

  1. Your school lunch link made me think of some denim lunch bags I recently made. Here's a link to them if you're interested:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HandMeDownDesignsME?section_id=10112757

    We call the chomping face guy 'NomMon' because he likes to say "Nom, nom, nom!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy Sachiko, thanks so much for the feature. Those Oreo pop's look amazing. I would love to make some with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love them ALL! ;^)
    Thank you for 'searching' and sharing! ;^D
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to share this dress I made from your free pattern on Grosgrain. Love the dress, thanks so much for the pattern!

    http://justjayma.blogspot.com/2011/08/another-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maxi dresses for me are really great.. I think maxi dress style is one of the latest fashion trends nowadays.. :)

    More hugs,
    Archiex@ Supermodel

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin