Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hey, I Thought I will Let You Know

I had an opportunity to get together with a bunch of wonderful women this weekend (and it was an overnighter!). After a very nice meal, we sat around and talked for a long time, it was really fun and liberating at the same time.

We girls need girl time, don't you agree? Mr. Tea Rose Home and I have a very close relationship and we talk to each other all the time. (well...sometimes we both want to talk so much that we might need to learn to be better listeners), but some how I still need to talk to other women. I read it somewhere that women say an average of 20,000 words a day and men only 7,000. I kind of believe that. :)

I guess as women, most of us love to talk, exchange ideas, connect and support each other. I am not a super social person, but I still like to get together with friends every now and then when my schedule allows. Also blogging is a perfect outlet for that too. growing up, well, after I was all grown too, I try to keep a journal. Every once in a while I will start a new one, and never go past three weeks. Although, I am happy to say that it has been almost THREE YEARS since I have started blogging.

I think the secret is I feel like I am talking to someone through blogging. I will receive comments and feedback, and they motivate me to keep posting.

The "Dear diary..." doesn't cut it for me. The diary doesn't talk back to me.

So, friends, I thought I would tell you... THANK YOU for coming back to visit me often. I really appreciate it.

I had a really busy day, and I don't have pictures to share or anything, but I wanted to tell you that before I drag myself off to bed. :)

I will see you soon in my next post.

Note: Don't forget to enter Monaluna's giveaway, the contest ends soon!

5 comments :

  1. It has been my pleasure Sachiko! I like communication through blogging whether it concerns sharing projects, ideas and thoughts, asking for advice, teaching something or just spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same trouble with a diary..I never keep it up past a week or two though once a long long time ago I did keep one for a whole 6 months..but that was a long time ago. Blogging is great however..I too love the comments and feedback from people ..the connection is what makes it special. I've been blogging a year on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour, Il est vrai que nous les femmes, aimons parlées...
    Mais moi, je passe beaucoup de temps devant ma machine à coudre, et elle ne me parle pas !!!!
    Donc, quand je rencontre du monde, je parle de ce que j'aime ....
    JE vous souhaite une bonne semaine.
    A bientôt
    VIANETTE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have a graphic design business in our home office, which means a lot of computer time...but people time? Not so much. While I may be more of a listener between me and you/other bloggers, it's a meaningful conversation to me!

    Your ideas, tutorials, etc. are a little visit every day that keep me connected - especially with girl talk - and inspire my work. Even if it's about sewing, my takeaway may be a different way of looking at color. So , no post goes unused. :) I love my girl time with bloggers like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've just pinpointed what I like about blogging! I haven't been as consistent with my family blog as I would like to be, but it's the only journal I've stuck with, ever! I guess having it "published" for my friends and family to read (and comment on) keeps me interested and motivated.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin