Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Link Love No. 65!

Hmm... I have several projects I started working on, but there were so many other things that I had to take care of first and they are not quit done enough yet to share with you. I know it will be like this the rest of the week! So I am just going to share a sneak peek of what is to come in the (hopefully near) future...


It took me over three years to collect all these vintage pillowcases/sheets from thrift stores. Sometimes if I am lucky I would find several really pretty pillowcases in good conditions, but that is very rare.

I asked you all what I should do with them and many of you said dress for my daughter or a quilt. I thought about it hard... (Remember, once I cut them, that is it! I can't buy them at the fabric stores or order on-line... they are so precious).

Drum roll... I decided to make a quilt! If took me another several days to come up with the design for the quilt, but I am happy to say that I already cut all the pieces I need. I am in the middle of piecing. :) I can't wait to share the finished quilt!

Go ahead and link up and have fun!

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




10 comments :

  1. The fabric is very pretty, what a beautiful quilt it will make!I need to start looking for tehse vintage sheets/pillow cases too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the fabric, color is very attractive

    I would like to invite you for the giveaway party at http://daffysdream.blogspot.com

    daffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. your fabric collection looks so pretty!i already see beautiful quilt from those

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sachiko,
    Your quilt will stunning for sure. Gorgeous pillowcases and I know how hard they are to find. I have collected a few of my own.

    Happy to be showing off my restyled china cabinet this week.

    Thanks for hosting!

    janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those fabrics...colors are so whimsical and pretty. Can't wait to see the finished masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to see your quilt! Thanks for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting, Sachiko :) Your collection of vintage sheets and pillowcases is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting, this week i am sharing the latest Tutorial on Board Adithi's Amma Sews - in Home Decor Category - How to make a Dice Floor Cushion. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sachiko, those sheets are fabulous!!! I cannot wait to see your quilt. I need to start looking for sheets/pillowcases when I go to the thriftstore too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin