Friday, April 17, 2009

New Spring Clothes


I found fabric in the clearance section at a local quilt shop. It was such a pretty white fabric with tiny blue flowers. No wonder I liked it... it was designed by one of my favorite designer, Anna Griffin. Usually, her fabric line is around $9.00 a yard, if I remember correctly, but this one was $3.99 a yard!!(I know it's really $4.00+tax but it sounds cheaper). I couldn't help it! I bought some and went home.

Like it always does, it took me some time to decide what to do. When I finally made up my mind, I made this for my daugther.



I made it about two sized too big for her. Hopefully she will grow into it during the warmer part of the year.

There were still enough to make something else, so I made myself a blouse too! I haven't sewed clothes for myself for a while; it was a lot fun.
I can't wait for the weather to warm up; I want to do a mother and daughter day out. It will be fun.



For my top, I used a pattern from a Japanese sewing book. They are one of my favorite things. Nice designs and beautiful pictures. Most of the times I just look at the pictures over and over again, this time, I actually made something. I am very happy about that.

5 comments :

  1. you are awesome! i love the collar on R's dress. it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I mean the dress, the shirt, and you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric! Warmer weather will be so awesome!
    I always love to see pictures of you!
    You are amazing! I want to learn to sew like you! So effortless! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin