Friday, January 22, 2010

Mirror Make Over

Do you rember this post? It was a long time ago that I gave my bedroom a facelift. It took me a while to decide what to do next, not to mention a while to come across something I love.

I found this mirror at Ross for $29. I know it is a lot more than the $1 or $2 I spend at my usual thrift stores, but hey, I thought it was worth it.


I spray painted it...


and... there was a dilemma. I wanted to use my cricut machine to cut out some vinyl designs to put on the mirror. I just couldn't... If you know me well, I am terrified of trying out new technology. I am just that way. My husband says I am not real Japanese, oh yeah, all Japanese should be tech savvy right? I am afraid that I will do something dumb and break it.

One of my kind friends came over and helped me figure out how to cut out vinyl last Monday, Thank you! I was finally able to finish up the mirror.

I stuck the vinyl on the mirror...


Glued ribbon on the back (note: the ribbon is just a decoration. If you are doing this, you have to hang the mirror by the metal brackets on the back. You do not want objects falling on your head at night!!)


Done!


I was so excited to see the mirror, the mirror before was fine, but putting some elbow greese made it more personal. More... my style. That afternoon, I had fun putting up the mirror on our bedroom wall, accompanied by a couple dishes. (These were dallor store finds!)




I finally made some progress on my bedroom facelift. At this rate, who knows when I will post more of the bedroom make over. It could be another year or so.

I liked the mirror so much that I kept staring at it while I was folding the laundry. Because every time when I passed by the unfinished mirror I felt bad, finishing this project totally made my day.

30 comments :

  1. Hi,
    I recently stumbled upon your blog and I must say, you have a breathtaking sense of aesthetic! Your creativity seems endless! I will be following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thik that your mirror loks beautiful! The plates hanging beside it look perfect there too. The quilt on your bed is so pretty. You did a great job. I'm like you...when I get a project finished, I catch myself staring at it when I walk by. It makes me feel good to finish things and get them like I want them.

    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW the mirror looks awesome! And you did a great job with the vinyl/Cricut machine! I have a small Cuttlebug, it only does paper and chipboard, but I want the Cricut one day! I want to make stencils for airbrushing thru!
    Anyway, great job, and love your Blog! xoxo Barbara

    www.EnchantedMirror.com
    Custom Stevie Nicks Style clothing, jewelry, accessories, makeup and much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out sooo lovely! Maybe seeing that your idea was a success will give you courage to try more techy stuff! I think you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mirror makeover is beautiful and looks gorgeous on your wall! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful! I can't believe those plates came from the dollar store. I love buying mirrors. I always pick them up at thrift stores if I find them for good prices. I have several that need to be painted and hung.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* That is beautiful!! Ugh! I want one!! (stamps foot) I just can't get over how much I love your style. I design rooms like that in my head, but it never comes to life!
    Oh, and I'm glad your daughter has Goldilicious, too! Paige loves that series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mirror! And the vinyl on it is perfect! I'm a little afraid of new tech. too! Stop by and visit me sometime!
    http://songberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently found your blog and I love it! The mirror looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, I love the little touches, the vinyl and the ribbon. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how this turned out, and how you arranged the wall vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a wonderful job of transforming that mirror! It has a romantic beauty about it....just perfect for the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous mirror! And I'm so glad you got your Cricut to work! I have a Silhouette that I love. I can't wait to see what you create with it now that you've gotten started.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it turned out great! How lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful project! Thanks so much for sharing all of your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The mirror looks great! Wow, those do not look like dollar store plates? At Which dollar store did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pam,

    I found the plates at The Dollar Tree. I think they are back east as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO beautiful!!! Look at how much you have grown in the last month!!! You've doubled your follwers. You are going to pass my by:) You ruffle shirt project I posted got featured by another blog (and linked to mine). it got a ton of hits the last two days. Anyway, you rock! I'm happy to see all the successs you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I JUST stumbled onto your blog. I am in love! The ideas are simple and help me realize that I could do that too! Wow - thank you for sharing your ideas and talent with all of us who have to make do with just copy catting everyone else.
    I love LOVE the ruffled shirt tutorial! Here is what I said about it on somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. oh - this is a MUST for as soon as I get the 'other stuff' done. ;) Although, I think I'll be placing this picture up in several places around the house as inspiration to 'get to work' so I can 'get to the fun'!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the mirror was well worth the $29. It looks beautiful. You did a fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It never ceases to amaze me how creative and wonderfully talented you are! Thanks for sharing this will us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I made one of these when we first bought our house. It was a little ting of creativity in a long dry spell. I'm happy to report 15 years later I am more creative than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow!!! Really cool! It looks like you bought it that way. I need some of your creativity! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. meraviglioso! sei mitica.
    ciaosticer
    marzia

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved this so much that I did something similar and linked back to you as my inspiration. :) Just wanted to let you know. Of course, mine doesn't look as nice.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin