Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wednesday at Tea Rose Home Link Party No. 5!

Hi, it has already been a week and I am having another link party!

Before we start, I want to share one of the projects I did last week.
Sometime last week, while the boys were in school, I was cleaning the house, I realized; where's Rachel? She was being all independent, got the paint out (the kind that you paint ceramics with) and started painting...

You know what happens when little kids play with paint unattended, right? When I came down stairs, the table was a mess! She looked fine though, so I just cleaned the table and didn't think much of it.

Then, that night, I realized there were paint splashed all over the right side of her dress and splashed and smeared on both of her sleeves (they were in the back of the sleeves, so I didn't see it first).


I tried many different methods, but the paints didn't come off. Not only that, the color of the fabric around the paint started to fade! I was soo sad, because it was one of my...I mean Rachel's favorite dresses.

Then, an idea hit me...

Just cut off the sleeves!


I did some stitching to give it character and added a corsage. I made a corsage out of the sleeves where the paint hadn't splashed.


For the side, I did some stitching to make vine designs. Then added some leaves and flowers to hide the paint splash.



Sorry folks, she was not in the mood to have her picture taken...


I am pretty happy how it turned out. I didn't think about taking a before picture, but basiclly, the dress had long sleeves and no flowers on the side. I feel like she gave me a lemon and I made lemonade with it. The dress is one size too big for Rachel. If she doesn't put paint on it again (knock on wood) she should be able to wear it for a while.

What have you been working on? Are there recipes that are sooo good you need to share with us? Link up and visit each other and have fun!

Here are the rules:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it!

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




4. One more thing, please DO NOT link anything inappropriate or any kind of advertisement.

I can't wait to see all your creations! Thank you for participating everyone!

10 comments :

  1. I love what you did with the dress!
    I bet it looks even better than before!
    Paint is also a danger at my house, but it is so much fun!
    Next time, instead of being mad, I will try to work with the results like you did!
    thank you for letting us share our work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very pretty, my girls are always wrecking their clothes, I would never of thought to do something like that, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress turned out so cute, great job! Thanks for hosting the party again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous! You are so talented and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for doing the link party, Sachiko! I am having so much fun with it and look forward to it each week! :)

    What a pretty dress! I just had a little girl and am always inspired to create pretty things like you do. Now, if only I could have some of your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great solution to an all-too-common problem! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to remember this. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly made lemonaide out of lemons! I accidentally dropped a can of spraypaint on my shirt today, may have to see if I can find a way to cover it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting! I love what you did with the dress!!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting! The dress is so cute and like the others have said, it's even better now! I should start paint splattering my clothes and see what I come up with ;) This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin