Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Link Party No.80! / New Most Favorite Basket



I sent my oldest to his first week long scout camp last Monday. He was so excited about it, and I guess I was the clingy one.

There was a minor accident (he cut his finger and needed stitches at the emergency room). He came back VERY tired and in one piece. Because of the stitches, he couldn't take a shower for two days at camp which was very hot and dusty. Ugh…

I have been his mom for almost 12 years, but I never seen him so dirty. But you know, he had a big smile on his face and was very excited about sharing his stories about camp.

When he came home he said "Here, mom." and handed me a small basket. It was the basket he made for basketry. Wow, my boy made a basket!

I am sure I shared my love for baskets in past posts, but this one, made by him became my most favorite basket amongst all the baskets that I own.

It has been only five days, but to me he looked a bit taller and mature (really, by a little). I guess I had glimpses of him growing after scout camp. Watching the kids learn and grow is a joy but letting them go is another story. I guess I am in the process of learning the "art of parenting" slowly too. :)

I can't believe this month has passed already since the last link party. How have you all been? How do you manage your time in the craziness of summer and still have time to create?

I can't wait to see what you all are going to share with us!


1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.





9 comments :

  1. I have a 12yo son, and I feel like he is about to grow up any day now! I have been really trying to hold onto the little boy moments this summer.

    Glad your guy is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way after my son first cub scout camp: he has changed!
    and the part that made me sad:"I did not recognize you Mom"....it had only be 5 days! I guess our boys are growing up to be men!
    the basket is truly beautiful, he must have worked hard at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet that he made you a basket. It's so wonderful and hard to watch them become independent. - bitter/sweet, but being a mother is my life's greatest accomplishment and joy. -Little Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely basket your son has made!
    Thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good collections..
    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. #146 - Hi!
    I'm one of your faithful blog readers.
    Had this linen tank top dress for e-ons now...
    and wanted to do something creative with it.
    Had your verticle ruffled tank-top tututorial in mind...and well, the other day...had a moment
    strike me to get with it and create something with this
    linen tanktop piece.
    I did it!!!
    My family was shocked as I rarely take the time
    anymore and create anything!!
    This was a winner!!
    Thank-you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A complete package!! why shouldn't you try something like pakistan gifts this will maximize your effort

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your collection was unique for Send gifts to Pakistan on eid. Could you suggest me some more interesting collection?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin