Friday, June 29, 2012

Silhouette Fabric Ink Starter Kit

I LOVE being an affiliate for silhouette... look what I found on my door step the other day...

Fabric Ink Starter Kit! I have done fabric stenciling in the past, but I must say I love the results of this kit so much better. Because the see-through stencil material (thick like vinyl) sticks to the fabric, it is so much easier to put paint on, and the lines came out sharper because I don’t have to hold it down, it doesn’t slide or move one bit. It was easy to peel off.

Are you anxious to see what I mean?

I make tons of stuff for my little girl but not enough for the boys. When I saw some of the cool designs that came with the kit, I immediately knew what I wanted to do with them!

Camera shy?

Not for long, they warmed up pretty quickly.


I found these t-shirts at Wal-Mart for less than $4 each. My boys were so excited about the new "cool" t-shirts. Michael's only request was, "Mom, I wish you did the splash with red." Ugh, he is such a boy.

I kept on playing with this kit. I made a sassy pouch for me!

There are a couple things I need to mention though... I used canvas for this project, and it was a big mistake! The stencil design I used was such a detailed one, it was a bit tricky of a design to work with. Because the canvas is such a rough fabric, the stencil didn't stick to the canvas very well. So, make sure to choose smoother fabric if you are going to work with a more detailed design. It took me a while to complete the stenciling on this project, but I LOVE how it turned out!

Guess what I slipped in to this sassy pouch before I stepped out the door this morning with the kids... make-up? Some electronic device? Wrong!

Candies and granola bars, and they were mostly for me. I need extra energy to keep up with the kiddos all day. :)

3 comments :

  1. how neat
    and neatly done
    {and your sons
    are so handsome}
    x ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Te boys shirts are great but I love your bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool! I want to be an affiliate too! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin