Saturday, June 23, 2012

New Love: Paper Coterie Daily Documenting Books


Are you familiar with a company Paper Coterie? They are a company which helps us to create something unique and beautiful with our favorite photos. They offer services for books, calendars, cards, etc.; you name it.

After the earthquake in Japan, Missy from How Does She? called on 50+ bloggers and created a cookbook and worked with Paper Coterie. They ended up raising 20,000 dollars from the sales of the book, and donated all that to the Red Cross. I was one of the bloggers to participate in the project, and bought a few books myself too. I was impressed with the quality of the book, and how fast the book came after I placed my order.

I am originally from Japan, and my home town was deeply affected by the earthquake and tsunami. I was so touched and grateful for Missy's action; also when I learned that Paper Coterie donated all the books for the cause, they became the number one company in their industry in my book.

I use to scrapbook, but that stopped when my oldest turned 9 months old. Why? There are a couple of reasons; I am more involved with sewing and jewelry making. And not having a big working space, pulling out papers and other supplies creates more mess on top of whatever I am working on.

I always felt bad for my other children for not having any scrapbooking done. So I always thought that I am going to start where I left off but 11 years has already passed!

I was always oohing and ahhhing over Paper Coterie's photo books on their web site, but I am bit shy to try "new" things with technology, so I never created one for myself. Although after I became one of their affiliates, it gave me a push to try.

I created my first photo book a few weeks ago, and I can say I really enjoyed the experience. It was so much easier than I thought, and I LOVE LOVE the book! I ordered two books- one for our family, the other is for my mom's birthday. I already sent it to her and she was so happy to receive such a unique gift with bunch of her grandkids’ pictures! My kids were so excited to see the book as well; they sit and turned the pages and giggled.


I have SO many fun family pictures in my computer that are just sitting there. I have decided that I am going to create photo books from now on, so we can look at them often and share as a family.

Paper Coterie has another new and exciting product out.

Daily Documenting Books



I added my name to the "this book belongs to" part, and added some photos of my family. I received it a few days ago... and Oh boy. I'm in love.

I am not a great journal keeper, but I always wanted to be better. It is an 8" x 8" coil bound book. The inside of the book is created so that I can just write short and simple things daily. How awesome and fun would that be in 5 to 10 years to reread this book? Even a very simple dialog such as "We a had slushy outside today..." might bring back some fun memories.




Great news everyone! Paper Coterie is having a special promotion right now for a Daily Documenting book.


Pick a few pictures that you want to use to create the book, and at the checkout type "DOCUMENTDAILY" to receive 40% off. This offer ends July 1st, so hurry! :)

2 comments :

  1. I made a photo book of pics of me for my husband for his birthday this year! And I loved the whole process of creating it! I need to do some of my kids too. I used to scrapbook too and just like you it's too much work and mess to get it all out when there is so much else going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great way to capture your family memories

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin