Sunday, July 3, 2011

Link Love No. 59!

I just came back from a family picnic where we watched fireworks. The big fireworks show started around 10 pm, but we go to this really nice park (and it is the perfect spot to see the fireworks) to eat and play while we are waiting for the show. It has been several years since we started doing this, and I guess it has became one of our family traditions. My kids always talk about the special Fourth of July picnic.

What we do is, we take a bunch of food, bubbles, Frisbee, balls and other outdoor play things and play. After dark, we do our own fireworks, and we bust out the glow sticks. When the show starts, we just sit in our chairs, or lay around on the blanket to watch the beautifully designed lights in the night sky.

It was lots of fun! Watching their smiling faces made me forget the hectic day for getting ready for this picnic. I wonder if this picnic would be one of the fun moments from their childhood memories.

Did you do anything special? Or do you have any plans for July 4th?

If you have any parties planned, these would be nice party favors. Homework shared these fourth of July rocket favors using the lyrics "Firework" by Katy Perry. It is a cute decoration for a party but the words on the rockets make this project more than that.


I have been drawn to simple bracelets lately. Those simple yet beautiful bracelets by Yellow Blackbird caught my attention! She shared a step by step tutorial on her blog, this must go on to my "to make" list.


Show Tell Share shared this unique pin tuck wave pillow with us. I love the color combination and how the waves make the pillow more interesting.


Oh my gosh, I think if I see lemonade stands like this I would have to stop the car to by something (and I can take a closer look)! Every year my kids ask me if they can do a lemonade stand, but we live on a street where there is hardly any traffic, so I kept saying "nah". I might say "ok kids, let’s just do it!", just so I can experiment and build a fun lemonade stand. :) Head over to The Pixie Lane to see all the pictures she posted. The details she put in are so adorable!


I have been eyeing different types of wall decor lately. I think this one shared by Tam from Sew Dang Cute is very fun and pretty! It is also a great way to display your favorite fabrics on the wall.


Thank you everyone for sharing the awesome projects. I will see you at the next post!

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for the feature Sachiko! You are so sweet and I appreciate being included in such a great lineup of projects. Thanks for hosting such a fun linky party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sachiko,

    Thank you for including me in your Link Love! And thank you for hosting the party every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my bracelets. I am glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin